A compact 95 x 95 mm Arm®-based embedded computer with very low power draw. Even with its low price point, it is ready for off-the-shelf deployment into demanding applications requiring rugged, long-life, power efficient, industrial temperature solutions.
i.MX 6 Processors
Low Power Solo and DualLite versions
Practical On-board I/O
USB 2.0, serial, GPIO, CAN bus, Audio, SPI, and I2C support
See datasheet for more details
|Mechanical||Size: 95 x 95 x 20 mm (3.7 x 3.7 x .79”)|
|Mechanical||Weight: 62g (2.1 oz.)|
|Processor||NXP i.MX6 Solo and i.MX6 DualLite|
|Input Voltage||5VDC +/- 5%|
|Bus Expansion||MikroBUS socket|
|Bus Expansion||SPI Interface|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +85°C|
|Shock and Vibration||MIL-STD-202G|
|Memory (RAM)||0.5 to 4 GB DDR3L soldered-on memory depending on model|
|Display||Supported video decoders: DivX 3/4/5/6, H.263, H.264, MJPEG, MPEG-1/2, MPEG-4, VC1|
|Display||Video encoders: H.263, H.264, MJPEG, MPEG-4|
|Display||HDMI V1.4 port|
|Storage||microSD socket, bootable|
|Storage||eMMC MLC Flash drive (chip). 0 to 32 GB, bootable|
|Ethernet||One 1GbE port (10/100/1000 autodetect)|
|USB||Two USB 2.0 host ports|
|Serial I/O||One UART (3.3V) port|
|Serial I/O||One RS232 debug port|
|Digital I/O||Eight CMOS level I/O lines (3.3V)|
|Audio||Microphone and headphones in / out on single 3.5 mm audio jack|
|Audio||Line inputs / outputs on 34-pin I/O header|
|Other I/O||Two I2C interfaces|
|Other I/O||Two channels CAN Bus|
|Other I/O||Accelerometer / Magnetometer|
|Operating System Compatibility||Most Arm operating systems including Linux and Android|
|Export Info||ECCN: 5A992.c|
|Export Info||Schedule B: 8471.60.7000|
See datasheet for full specifications
The Zebra single board computer is a complete Arm-based embedded computer. It features several models that are available with power-efficient single- or dual-core i.MX6 CPUs. All models are delivered tested and ready for deployment. They are ideal for demanding applications that require rugged power-efficient solutions with long-term availability.
Unlike proprietary formats, Zebra is designed around the industry standard COM-Express footprint and mounting points, which simplifies installation and upgrading in the future. Unlike Arm-based modules, Zebra is complete board level computer. Additional carrier boards, connector boards, or I/O expansion are not required for operation. Zebra boards are delivered with on-board soldered-on RAM, ready to plug-in and run.
Like other VersaLogic products, the Zebra SBC is engineered to be rugged. It is validated for operation in unforgiving environments including high temperature, mechanical shock and vibration. Each component has been carefully sourced to ensure reliable operation in the field.
Zebra embedded computer boards provide connectivity via Gigabit Ethernet, USB, and CAN bus interfaces, as well as HDMI video support. They also provide a MikroBUS socket for expandability, and additional on-board I/O including I2C, audio, SPI, and GPIO lines. An on-board 6-axis e-compass is available as a modified COTS option.
VersaLogic's 10+ year availability ensures long-term deployment in the field, free from expensive upgrades and migrations that come from short lifecycle products.
VersaLogic products are designed for use by OEMs working in a variety of market applications: Aerospace, Defense, Energy, Industrial, Security, Medical, Military, Robotics, and Transportation. VersaLogic delivers extremely reliable standard and customized embedded computers backed with unsurpassed service and the highest availability in the market.
- Zebra VL-EPC-2701 Datasheet 5/16/2019 PDF 2.51 MB DOWNLOAD
- Zebra EPC-2701 Hardware Reference Manual 1/20/2020 PDF 563 KB DOWNLOAD
- Zebra EPC-2701 Yocto Linux User Guide 4/11/2018 PDF 677 KB DOWNLOAD
Software Support Packages
- Linux Yocto Morty with Kernel 4.9.11 Image for Zebra (EPC-2701) 1.0.0 7/26/2018 ZIP 387 MB DOWNLOAD
Additional Reference Materials
- Component Info: i.MX6Solo/6DualLite Applications Processors for Industrial Products Datasheet 7/17/2017 PDF 2.96 MB DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: Hardware Development Guide for i.MX6 Families of Application Processors User Guide VISIT SITE
- Component Info: i.MX6Solo/6DualLite Applications Processor Reference Manual Reference Manual VISIT SITE
- Component Info: Chip Errata for the i.MX6 Solo/DualLite 9/12/2011 PDF 1.01 MB DOWNLOAD
- Part Number Description
- Cable Kit
- VL-CKR-ZEBRA Development Cable Kit for Zebra. Includes: VL-F41-8SBN-LINUX2, CBR-0504, 2603, 3407, PS-WALL5-15.
- VL-F41-8SBN-LINUX2 Zebra 8GB MLC MicroSD card with bootable Linux, i.MX6 Solo and DualLite, standard temperature
- VL-CBR-0504 RS-232 cable, 2mm 5-pin to DB-9M, 0.3m
- VL-CBR-2603 Serial I/O (I2C, UART, SPI). 26-pin 2 mm IDC to Ribbon Cable, 0.5m
- VL-CBR-3407 User I/O cable, 34-pin 2 mm IDC to Ribbon Cable, 0.5m
- VL-PS-WALL5-15 Power Adapter, 90 ~ 264 VAC to 5VDC @ 3A, 5.5 mm ID Plug, International plug kit
- VL-CBR-0405 CAN bus cable, 2mm 4-pin to 2mm 4-pin MicroClasp, 1m
- VL-CBR-0406 CAN bus cable, 2mm 4-pin MicroClasp to DB9 connector, 0.5m
- Solid State Drives
- VL-F41-8EBN SSD 8 GB SLC MicroSD card, industrial temperature
- VL-F41-4EBN SSD 4 GB SLC MicroSD card, industrial temperature
ModelsModel: VL-EPC-2701-EAK-005 CPU Model: i.MX6 Solo Cores : Single Memory Size: 512 MB eMMC: - 6-axis e-compass: - Operating Temperature: -40° to +85°C OEM Pricing: Buy Sample:
Model: VL-EPC-2701-EBK-01 CPU Model: i.MX6 DualLite Cores : Dual Memory Size: 1 GB eMMC: - 6-axis e-compass: - Operating Temperature: -40° to +85°C OEM Pricing: Buy Sample: