Provides 16 lines of Digital I/O via two 8-bit registers with 3.3V CMOS interface, Bit Programmable and (Change of State) IRQ generation. Designed for extended (-40° to +85°C) temperature operation and meets MIL-STD-202G specifications for shock and vibration.
1.2” x 3.8” size is ideal for space-constrained applications.
16 lines of digital I/O.
Ease of Use
Simple cable-based interface using SPI signaling.
See datasheet for more details
|Mechanical||Size: SPX standard: 30.5 x 96 mm (1.2 x 3.78")|
|Bus Interface||SPI/SPX. 3.3V signaling|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +85°C|
|Shock and Vibration||MIL-STD-202G|
|Digital I/O||16 channels|
|Operating System Compatibility||Most x86 operating systems including Windows, Windows Embedded, Linux, VxWorks, and QNX.|
|Export Info||ECCN: 4A994.a|
|Export Info||Schedule B: 8471.60.7000|
See datasheet for full specifications
A member of VersaLogic’s family of SPX expansion modules, the VL-SPX-2 provides a new level of economy and convenience to expand the capabilities of embedded computing systems. Unlike typical larger expansion formats, the SPX format does not require a stacking connector or a position in the expansion stack. Utilizing a single 14-pin cable, SPX expansion modules can be freely mounted, up to two feet from an SPX-enabled baseboard. This is particularly useful in highly compact areas or high-noise environments common in industrial, automotive, and medical applications. The small (1.2” x 3.8”) SPX modules can also be attached to the baseboard using standoffs. Up to four SPX modules can be daisy-chained together to meet specifically targeted I/O requirements, resulting in substantial cost and space savings for developers.
Like all VersaLogic products, the VL-SPX-2 is designed to support rugged OEM applications where high reliability and long-term availability are required. From application design-in to 10+ year availability, the VL-SPX-2 provides a durable expansion solution with an excellent cost of ownership. The VL-SPX-2 is manufactured and tested to the highest quality standards and is fully RoHS compliant. Customization is available, even in low OEM quantities.
- 3.3V CMOS interface
- Bit programmable
- IRQ generation
VersaLogic products are designed for use by OEMs working in a variety of market applications: Aerospace, Defense, Energy, Industrial, Security, Medical, Military, Robotics, and Transportation. VersaLogic delivers extremely reliable standard and customized embedded computers backed with unsurpassed service and the highest availability in the market.
- Digital I/O VL-SPX-2 Datasheet 02/15/13 PDF 775 KB DOWNLOAD
- Digital I/O VL-SPX-2 Reference Manual 04/09/13 PDF 441 KB DOWNLOAD
Additional Reference Materials
- Component Info: Microchip MCP23S17 I/O Expander Datasheet 02/05/07 PDF 913 KB DOWNLOAD
- Part Number Description
- VL-CBR-0901 Pico-Clasp to two SPX cables, 9-pin. 9"
- VL-CBR-1401 SPX module cable assembly, supports 2 modules, 14-pin, 6"
- VL-CBR-1402 SPX module cable assembly, supports 4 modules, 14-pin, 12"
- VL-DEV-USB-VV1 VersaViewer: A real-time viewer for embedded hardware developers.
- VL-HDW-100 Standoff package, 4x screws, 4x standoffs, 15mm, English thread
- VL-HDW-101 Standoff package, 4x screws, 4x standoffs, 15mm, Metric thread
- VL-HDW-105 Standoff package, 0.6", Metric thread
- VL-HDW-106 Standoff package, 0.6", English thread