This GPS receiver module delivers complete position, velocity, and time (PVT) data for use in host applications. The GPS receiver provides simultaneous 56-channel operation for stable satellite tracking and aided GPS startup for fast initial signal acquisition. Precision time/frequency reference capability is also provided.
Supports GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and QZSS. NMEA, UBX, and RTCM
Precision Time Reference
GPS/atomic clock precision pulse output
Retain satellite position data and support fast restart of the GPS chip
See datasheet for more details
|Mechanical||Size: Mini PCIe module (full size): 30 x 50.95 x 6.32 mm (1.18 x 2 x .25")|
|Input Voltage||3.3V (from Mini PCIe slot)|
|Bus Interface||Mini PCIe|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +85°C|
|Shock and Vibration||MIL-STD-202G|
|Operating System Compatibility||Most x86 operating systems including Windows, Windows Embedded, Linux, VxWorks, and QNX.|
|Export Info||ECCN: 7A994|
|Export Info||Schedule B: 8471.60.7000|
See datasheet for full specifications
The VL-MPEu-G2 is an extremely small and rugged GPS module based on the industry-standard Mini PCIe module format. Unlike typical I/O expansion boards, Mini PCIe allows additional I/O functions to be added to a system with almost no increase in overall system/package size. Mini PCIe modules provide a simple, economical, and standardized way to add I/O functions to embedded computer products.
In a very small package, this GPS receiver board provides global positioning and time-stamp information in embedded systems.
This GPS receiver module delivers complete position, velocity, and time (PVT) data for use in host applications. The GPS receiver provides simultaneous 56-channel operation for stable satellite tracking and aided GPS startup for fast initial signal acquisition. Support for GPS (United States), GLONASS (Russian), Galileo, and QZSS systems provide complementary coverage to enable reliable tracking in difficult environments such as cityscape/building canyons. GPS data is available in NMEA, UBX, and RTCM protocols. The GPS data is accessed via USB.
In addition to positioning and navigation applications, GPS/GNSS signals are widely used as accurate and low-cost precision time or frequency references used by remote or distributed wireless communication, industrial, financial, and power-distribution equipment. The TIMEPULSE output generates a precision time reference via a pulse train synchronized with the GPS or UTC time grid. Linked to the satellites’ atomic clocks, this output produces intervals configurable from 0.25 Hz to 10 MHz. The high precision time reference may be used as a low frequency time synchronization pulse or as a high frequency reference signal. By default, the time pulse signal is configured to 1 pulse per second.
The standard model includes an on-board battery to retain satellite position data and support fast restart of the GPS chip. Connection to an external 3.0V battery is also supported.
This rugged product is designed and tested for full industrial temperature operation (-40º to +85ºC). It also meets MIL-STD-202G specifications for shock and vibration. Latching connectors provide additional ruggedization, making it at home in harsh environments.
This GPS receiver board is compatible with a variety of popular x86 operating systems including Windows, and Linux.
The module utilizes USB signaling and can be used in any system that supports USB signaling at the Mini PCIe socket.
Product customization is available, even in low quantities. Options include conformal coating, application-specific testing, BOM revision locks, special labeling, etc.
VersaLogic products are designed for use by OEMs working in a variety of market applications: Aerospace, Defense, Energy, Industrial, Security, Medical, Military, Robotics, and Transportation. VersaLogic delivers extremely reliable standard and customized embedded computers backed with unsurpassed service and the highest availability in the market.
- GPS Receiver VL-MPEu-G2 Datasheet 3/6/2016 PDF 1.29 MB DOWNLOAD
- GPS Receiver VL-MPEu-G2 Reference Manual 4/18/2017 PDF 150 KB DOWNLOAD
Software Support Packages
- Windows 7 u-blox Drivers 6/10/2013 ZIP 8.9 MB DOWNLOAD
- Windows Embedded Std 7 u-blox Drivers 6/10/2013 ZIP 8.9 MB DOWNLOAD
Additional Reference Materials
- Component Info: u-blox NEW-7 GPS Module Datasheet 5/25/2013 PDF 997 KB DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: u-blox NEW-7 GPS Module Specification 2/1/2013 PDF 2.68 MB DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: u-blox NEW-7 GPS Module Driver for Win 7 ZIP 8.87 MB DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: u-blox NEW-7 GPS Module Driver for Linux 6/29/2016 PDF 81 KB DOWNLOAD
- Part Number Description
- VL-CBR-0202 U.FL to RP-SMA female bulkhead – antenna cable, 12”
- VL-CBR-0502 5-wire timing and battery cable, 12"
- VL-CBR-ANT02 GPS antenna with SMA connector - supports GPS signals , 5m
- VL-CBR-ANT03 Active antenna with SMA connector - supports GPS and GLONASS signals , 3m
- VL-HDW-108 Mini PCIe card / mSATA 10x hold-down screws for use with 2.5 mm standoffs, Metric thread, Nylon
- VL-HDW-110 Mini PCIe module 10x hold-down screws for use with 2.0 mm standoffs, Nylon