Notice: The Bobcat has reached the end of its off-the-shelf availability. Contact VersaLogic Sales for availability and extended lifecycle options.
A single board computer designed for projects requiring low cost, compact size, high reliability, and long product lifespan / availability. It can be used alone as an Ethernet node processor card or with a plug-in PC/104 video module in applications requiring a video display.
AMD Elan SC520 Processor
133 MHz 486/586 class CPU
PC/104-Plus Form Factor
Small footprint. Multi-vendor support
10/100 Ethernet provides fast network access and boot ROM support
See datasheet for more details
|Mechanical||Size: 90 x 96 mm (3.55 x 3.78”)|
|Mechanical||Weight: 86–110g (3-3.9 oz) depending on model|
|Processor||AMD Élan SC520|
|Operating Temperature||0° to +60°C or -40° to +85°C depending on model|
|Shock and Vibration||MIL-STD-202G|
|Memory (RAM)||64 MB SDRAM|
|Memory (RAM)||Flash Interface|
|Ethernet||One 10/100 autodetect port|
|Serial I/O||Four COM ports|
|Operating System Compatibility||Most x86 operating systems including Windows, Windows Embedded, Linux, VxWorks, and QNX.|
The Bobcat single board computer is designed for projects requiring low cost, compact size, high reliability, and long product lifespan / availability. It can be used alone as an Ethernet node processor card or with a plug-in PC/104 video module in applications requiring a video display.
Like all VersaLogic products, this small and efficient SBC is designed to support OEM applications where high reliability and long-term availability are required. From application design-in to 5+ years production life, its quality and longevity provide a cost-effective, long-term solution. Customization is available on as few as 100 pieces. The Bobcat is manufactured and tested to the highest quality standards and is backed by a two year limited warranty.
The board includes 64 MB of low-power system SDRAM which is soldered in place to increase reliability in hostile environments. It also supports bootable DiskOnChip Flash chips to allow program and data file storage without mechanical disk drives.
The high-reliability features of the Bobcat include a watchdog timer, voltage sensing reset circuit, industrial long-life battery, and self-resetting fuse on the 5V supply to the keyboard and mouse.
This exceptional processor card was designed from the ground up for OEM applications with longevity and reliability as the focus. It is fully supported by the VersaLogic application team. Both hardware and software (BIOS) customization are available in 100 unit quantities. Each board is subjected to Environmental Stress Screening and complete functional testing.
The Bobcat is compatible with a wide selection of popular operating systems including most Windows and Real Time OSs. Please contact VersaLogic for more information.
- Bobcat EPM-CPU-3 Datasheet 7/7/2008 PDF 356 KB DOWNLOAD
- Bobcat EPM-CPU-3 Reference Manual 12/14/2007 PDF 435 KB DOWNLOAD
Software Support Packages
- Linux Red Hat 6.2 QSP 48 MB 1/17/2003 ZIP 9.5 MB DOWNLOAD
- Linux Red Hat 6.2 QSP 96 MB 1/17/2003 ZIP 15.9 MB DOWNLOAD
- Wind River VxWorks 5.5.1 BSP 10/13/2004 ZIP 21.1 MB DOWNLOAD
- BIOS Release 5.1.111 BIN 128 KB DOWNLOAD
- BIOS Release 5.1.110 BIN 128 KB DOWNLOAD
- BIOS Release 5.1.109 BIN 128 KB DOWNLOAD
- BIOS Release 5.1.108 BIN 128 KB DOWNLOAD
- BIOS Release 5.1.107 BIN 128 KB DOWNLOAD
- BIOS Release 5.1.106 BIN 128 KB DOWNLOAD
- BIOS Release 4.3.105 BIN 128 KB DOWNLOAD
- BIOS Release 4.3.104 BIN 128 KB DOWNLOAD
- BIOS Release 4.3.103 BIN 128 KB DOWNLOAD
- BIOS Update Information READ
Additional Reference Materials
- Component Info: AMD SC520 Datasheet 7/21/1999 PDF 2.11 MB DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: AMD SC520 User Manual 8/9/1999 PDF 6.99 MB DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: AMD SC520 Registers 7/26/1999 PDF 6.19 MB DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: Intel 82551ER Fast Ethernet Controller Datasheet 11/24/2008 PDF 742 KB DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: Intel 82559ER Ethernet Controller Datasheet 5/12/1999 PDF 1.3 MB DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: Intel 82559ER Ethernet Controller Driver VISIT SITE
- Component Info: SMSC FDC37B727 Super I/O Chip Datasheet 6/30/1999 PDF 1.01 MB DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: National PC87351 Super I/O Chip Datasheet PC87351 5/18/1998 PDF 1.03 MB DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: National PC87351 Super I/O Chip Datasheet PC87307 PDF 1.04 MB DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: Intel 8254 Programmable Interval Timer Datasheet 11/12/1996 PDF 240 KB DOWNLOAD