This analog board provides eight single-ended or four differential input channels. The VL-MPEe-A1 model provides 12-bit resolution, while the VL-MPEe-A2 model provides 16-bit resolution.
Analog Input - Eight single-ended/four differential channels. 12 or 16-bit resolution
Three GPIO lines
Application Programming Interface
Simplifies software development
See datasheet for more details
|Mechanical||Size: Mini PCIe module (full size): 30 x 50.95 x 6.37 mm (1.18 x 2 x .25")|
|Input Voltage||3.3V (from Mini PCIe slot)|
|Bus Interface||Mini PCIe|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +85°C|
|Shock and Vibration||MIL-STD-202G|
|Digital I/O||Three 3.3V lines|
|Analog I/O||Analog Input - Eight single-ended or four differential pairs|
|Operating System Compatibility||Windows, Windows Embedded, and Linux operating systems|
|Export Info||ECCN: 4A994.a|
|Export Info||Schedule B: 8471.60.7000|
See datasheet for full specifications
The VL-MPEe-A1 is an extremely small and rugged analog input module based on the industry-standard Mini PCIe module format. Unlike typical I/O expansion boards, Mini PCIe allows additional I/O functions to be added to a system with almost no increase in overall system/package size. Mini PCIe modules provide a simple, economical, and standardized way to add I/O functions to embedded computer products.
In a very small package, this analog board provides eight single-ended or four differential input channels. The VL-MPEe-A1 model provides 12-bit resolution, while the VL-MPEe-A2 model provides 16-bit resolution.
Operating at 100,000 samples per second, each input channel is individually configurable for an input range of 0 to 5V, -5 to +5V, 0 to +10V, and -10 to +10V.
In addition, the board provides three general purpose digital I/O lines which are independently configurable for input, output, or interrupts.
This rugged product is designed and tested for full industrial temperature operation (-40º to +85ºC). It also meets MIL-STD-202G specifications for shock and vibration, making it at home in harsh environments.
The VL-MPEe-A1 board is supported by device drivers and the VersaAPI Application Programing Interface. The VersaAPI includes pre-defined calls to send or retrieve data from the on-board I/O ports. These calls greatly simplify development of the user code needed to access these ports. On the VL-MPEe-A1 board, the VersaAPI supports the on-board A/D channels and GPIO lines. The VersaAPI is compatible with Windows, Windows Embedded, and Linux operating systems.
This analog input board is compatible with a variety of popular x86 operating systems including Windows, Windows Embedded, and Linux.
The module utilizes PCIe signaling and can be used in any system that supports PCIe signaling at the Mini PCIe socket.
Product customization is available, even in low quantities. Options include FPGA customization, conformal coating, application-specific testing, BOM revision locks, special labeling, etc.
VersaLogic products are designed for use by OEMs working in a variety of market applications: Aerospace, Defense, Energy, Industrial, Security, Medical, Military, Robotics, and Transportation. VersaLogic delivers extremely reliable standard and customized embedded computers backed with unsurpassed service and the highest availability in the market.
- Analog Input VL-MPEe-A1/A2 Datasheet 03/16/16 PDF 1.3 MB DOWNLOAD
- Analog Input VL-MPEe-A1/A2 Reference Manual 06/02/20 PDF 172 KB DOWNLOAD
Software Support Packages
- Windows 7 Ultimate VersaAPI 1.3.1 32-bit 02/24/16 ZIP 2.46 MB DOWNLOAD
- Windows XP (SP3) VersaAPI 1.0.0 32-bit 07/02/14 ZIP 3.3 MB DOWNLOAD
- Windows Embedded Std 7 Ultimate VersaAPI 1.3.1 for WES 7 32-bit 02/24/16 ZIP 2.46 DOWNLOAD
- Windows Embedded XPe VersaAPI 1.0.0 32-bit 07/02/14 ZIP 3.3 MB DOWNLOAD
- Linux Ubuntu and CentOS VersaAPI 1.7.2 64-bit 08/13/21 TGZ 1.49 MB DOWNLOAD
- Linux Ubuntu and CentOS VersaAPI 1.7.0 64-bit 05/27/21 TGZ 1.47 MB DOWNLOAD
- Linux Ubuntu and CentOS VersaAPI 1.6.1 64-bit 07/28/20 TGZ 1.33 MB DOWNLOAD
- Linux Ubuntu and CentOS VersaAPI 1.6.0 64-bit 03/25/20 TGZ 1.31 MB DOWNLOAD
- Linux Ubuntu 14.04.4 VersaAPI 1.4.2 32-bit 09/01/16 ZIP 96 KB DOWNLOAD
- Linux Ubuntu 14.04.4 VersaAPI 1.4.2 64-bit 09/01/16 ZIP 95 KB DOWNLOAD
- Linux Knoppix 7.2.0 & 7.4.2 VersaAPI 1.3.1 32-bit 02/24/16 ZIP 764 KB DOWNLOAD
- PLD Release 1.01 05/23/16 ZIP 130 KB DOWNLOAD
- PLD Update Instructions READ
- Part Number Description
- VL-CBR-2004 Analog I/O cable and paddleboard, 1mm 20-pin, 12"
- VL-DEV-USB-VV1 VersaViewer: A real-time viewer for embedded hardware developers.
- VL-HDW-108 Mini PCIe card / mSATA 10x hold-down screws for use with 2.5 mm standoffs, Metric thread, Nylon
- VL-HDW-110 Mini PCIe module 10x hold-down screws for use with 2.0 mm standoffs, Nylon
- Part Number Description Form Factor
- VL-EPM-P2E PC104-Plus Mini PCIe socket x2 adapter, industrial temperature PC104-Plus
- VL-EPMp-P2E PCI-104 Mini PCIe socket x2 Adapter, industrial temperature PCI-104
ModelsModel: VL-MPEe-A1E Function: Analog input. Eight channel. 12-bit resolution. Operating Temp.: -40° to +85°C OEM Pricing: Buy Sample: Purchase at Digi-Key
Model: VL-MPEe-A2E Function: Analog input. Eight channel. 16-bit resolution. Operating Temp.: -40° to +85°C OEM Pricing: Buy Sample: Purchase at Digi-Key