This GPS receiver delivers complete position, velocity, and time (PVT) data for use in host applications. It supports simultaneous 72-channel operation for stable satellite tracking, along with aided GPS startup for fast initial signal acquisition.
GPS, SBAS, QZSS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo protocols.
Precision Time Reference
GPS/atomic clock precision pulse output
Simultaneous 72-channel operation
Stable satellite tracking
See datasheet for more details
|Mechanical||Size: Mini PCIe module (full size): 30 x 50.8 x 6.32 mm (1.18 x 2 x 0.25")|
|Input Voltage||3.3V (from Mini PCIe slot)|
|Bus Interface||Mini PCIe|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +85°C|
|Shock and Vibration||MIL-STD-202G|
|Other I/O||GPS, SBAS, QZSS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo protocols|
|Operating System Compatibility||Most x86 operating systems including Windows, Windows Embedded, and Linux..|
|Export Info||ECCN: 7A994|
|Export Info||Schedule B: 8471.60.7000|
See datasheet for full specifications
The VL-MPEu-G3 is an extremely small and rugged GPS module based on the industry-standard Mini PCIe module format. Unlike typical I/O expansion boards, Mini PCIe allows additional I/O functions to be added to a system with almost no increase in overall system / package size. Mini PCIe modules provide a simple, economical, and standardized way to add I/O functions to embedded computer products.
The G3 GPS receiver board provides highly accurate global positioning and time-stamp information for embedded systems.
This GPS receiver delivers complete position, velocity, and time (PVT) data for use in host applications. It supports simultaneous 72-channel operation for stable satellite tracking, along with aided GPS startup for fast initial signal acquisition. Support for GPS (United States), GLONASS (Russian), Galileo (European Union), and BeiDou (China), systems provide complementary coverage to enable reliable tracking in difficult environments such as cityscapes and building canyons. Additional internal augmentation systems include Satellite-Based Augmentation System (SBAS), QZSS, IMES, and Differential GPS (D-GPS). GPS data is available in NMEA, UBX, and RTCM protocols. The GPS data is accessed via USB interface.
In addition to positioning and navigation applications, GPS/GNSS signals are widely used as high accuracy time or frequency references. They are used to synchronize remote or distributed wireless communication, as well as industrial, financial, and power-distribution equipment. The TIMEPULSE output generates a precision time reference via a pulse train synchronized with the GPS or UTC time grid. Linked to the satellites' atomic clocks, this output produces intervals configurable from 0.25 Hz to 10 MHz. The high precision time reference may be used as a low frequency time synchronization pulse or as a high frequency reference signal. By default, the time pulse signal is configured to 1 pulse per second.
The standard G3 model includes an on-board battery to retain satellite position data and support fast restart of the GPS chip. A batteryless version is also available. Connection to an external 3.0V battery is also supported.
This rugged product is designed and tested for full industrial temperature operation (-40° to +85°C). It also meets MIL-STD-202G specifications for shock and vibration.
Product customization is available, even in low quantities. Options include conformal coating, application-specific testing, BOM revision locks, special labeling, etc.
This I/O board is compatible with a variety of popular x86 operating systems including Windows and Linux.
As with all VersaLogic products, the G3 is designed to support OEM applications where high reliability and long-term availability are required. From application design-in support, to 10+ year availability, the G3 provides high accuracy GPS expansion with an excellent cost of ownership.
VersaLogic products are designed for use by OEMs working in a variety of market applications: Aerospace, Defense, Energy, Industrial, Security, Medical, Military, Robotics, and Transportation. VersaLogic delivers extremely reliable standard and customized embedded computers backed with unsurpassed service and the highest availability in the market.
- Advanced GPS Receiver MPEe-G3 Datasheet 11/13/17 PDF 673 KB DOWNLOAD
- Advanced GPS Receiver Reference Manual 04/06/21 PDF 704 KB DOWNLOAD
Additional Reference Materials
- Component Info: U-Blox NEO-M8T Data Sheet (UBX-15025193) PDF DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: U-Blox NEO M8T Receiver Protocol Specifications (UBX-13003221) PDF DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: U-Blox NEO-M8T Product Summary (UBX-16000801) PDF DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: U-Blox NEO M8T Hardware Reference Manual (UBX-13003557) PDF DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: U-Blox GNSS Sensor and VCP Device Driver User Guide (UBX-15022397) PDF DOWNLOAD
- Part Number Description
- VL-CBR-0202 U.FL to RP-SMA female bulkhead – antenna cable, 12”
- VL-CBR-0502 5-wire timing and battery cable, 12"
- VL-CBR-ANT02 GPS antenna with SMA connector - supports GPS signals , 5m
- VL-CBR-ANT03 Active antenna with SMA connector - supports GPS and GLONASS signals , 3m
- VL-HDW-108 Mini PCIe card / mSATA 10x hold-down screws for use with 2.5 mm standoffs, Metric thread, Nylon
- VL-HDW-110 Mini PCIe module 10x hold-down screws for use with 2.0 mm standoffs, Nylon
ModelsModel: VL-MPEu-G3E Function: Precision GPS receiver with backup battery Operating Temperature: -40° to +85°C OEM Pricing: Request OEM Pricing Buy Sample: Purchase at Digi-Key
Model: VL-MPEu-G3E-Z Function: Precision GPS receiver, no battery Operating Temperature: -40° to +85°C OEM Pricing: Request OEM Pricing Buy Sample: Purchase at Digi-Key
- Model Function Operating Temperature OEM Pricing Buy Sample
- VL-MPEu-G3E Precision GPS receiver with backup battery -40° to +85°C Request OEM Pricing Purchase at Digi-Key
- VL-MPEu-G3E-Z Precision GPS receiver, no battery -40° to +85°C Request OEM Pricing Purchase at Digi-Key