Notice: The Ethernet Expansion has reached the end of its off-the-shelf availability. Contact VersaLogic Sales for availability and extended lifecycle options.
An extremely small and rugged Ethernet module based on the industry-standard Mini PCIe module format. The module utilizes PCIe signaling and can be used in any system that supports PCIe signaling at the Mini PCIe socket.
10/100/1000MB Ethernet port
On-board magnetically coupled isolation
No need for off-board magnetics with custom cables
Network Boot Capability
Eliminates need for local data drives
See datasheet for more details
|Mechanical||Size: Mini PCIe module (full size): 30 x 50.95 x 6.83 mm (1.18 x 2 x .25")|
|Input Voltage||3.3V (from Mini PCIe slot)|
|Bus Interface||Mini PCIe|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +85°C|
|Shock and Vibration||MIL-STD-202G|
|Network||One 1GbE port (10/100/1000 autodetect)|
|Operating System Compatibility||Most x86 operating systems including Windows, Windows Embedded, Linux, VxWorks, and QNX.|
|Export Info||ECCN: 5A991|
|Export Info||Schedule B: 8517.62.0050|
See datasheet for full specifications
The VL-MPEe-E3 is an extremely small and rugged Ethernet module based on the industry-standard Mini PCIe module format. Unlike typical I/O expansion boards, Mini PCIe allows additional I/O functions to be added to a system with almost no increase in overall system/package size. Mini PCIe modules provide a simple, economical, and standardized way to add I/O functions to embedded computer products.
In a very small package, this Ethernet board provides a full speed Gigabit Ethernet port based on the Intel® 82574IT controller.
This rugged product is designed and tested for full industrial temperature operation (-40º to +85ºC). It also meets MIL-STD-202G specifications for shock and vibration. Transient voltage suppression (TVS) devices on the external connections provide enhanced protection from electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage. The latching Ethernet connector provides additional ruggedization, making it at home in harsh environments.
A PXE boot option ROM is included in the EEPROM of this board to enable network booting. Three LED outputs can be individually configured to select the particular event, state, or activity indicated for each output. In addition, each LED can be configured for output polarity and blinking/steady-state indication.
This Ethernet board is compatible with a variety of popular x86 operating systems including Windows, Windows Embedded, Linux, VxWorks, and QNX.
The module utilizes PCIe signaling and can be used in any system that supports PCIe signaling at the Mini PCIe socket.
Product customization is available, even in low quantities. Options include conformal coating, application-specific testing, BOM revision locks, special labeling, etc.
VersaLogic products are designed for use by OEMs working in a variety of market applications: Aerospace, Defense, Energy, Industrial, Security, Medical, Military, Robotics, and Transportation. VersaLogic delivers extremely reliable standard and customized embedded computers backed with unsurpassed service and the highest availability in the market.
- Ethernet VL-MPEe-E3 Datasheet 03/16/16 PDF 1.33 MB DOWNLOAD
- Ethernet VL-MPEe-E3 Reference Manual 07/27/18 PDF 1.58 MB DOWNLOAD
Software Support Packages
- Windows 7 MPEe-E3E Drivers 05/14/13 ZIP 63.2 MB DOWNLOAD
- Windows XP MPEe-E3E Drivers 05/14/13 ZIP 63.2 MB DOWNLOAD
- Windows Embedded Std 7 MPEe-E3E Drivers 05/14/13 ZIP 63.2 MB DOWNLOAD
- Windows Embedded XPe MPEe-E3E Drivers 05/14/13 ZIP 63.2 MB DOWNLOAD
- Linux Debian MPEe-E3E Drivers 05/14/13 ZIP 63.2 MB DOWNLOAD
Additional Reference Materials
- Component Info: Intel 82574IT Gigabit Ethernet Controller Datasheet 04/30/09 PDF 2.91 MB DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: Intel 82574IT Gigabit Ethernet Controller Driver for Win 7/Linux ZIP 63.2 MB DOWNLOAD
- Part Number Description
- VL-CBR-0804 Ethernet adapter cable, latching, 12" , (-20° to +75°C)
- VL-HDW-108 Mini PCIe card / mSATA 10x hold-down screws for use with 2.5 mm standoffs, Metric thread, Nylon
- VL-HDW-110 Mini PCIe module 10x hold-down screws for use with 2.0 mm standoffs, Nylon
- Part Number Description Form Factor
- VL-EPM-P2E PC104-Plus Mini PCIe socket x2 adapter, industrial temperature PC104-Plus
- VL-EPMp-P2E PCI-104 Mini PCIe socket x2 Adapter, industrial temperature PCI-104
ModelsModel: VL-MPEe-E3E Function: Gigabit Ethernet. One channel. Operating Temp.: -40° to +85°C Buy Sample: Purchase at Digi-Key
- Model Function Operating Temp. Buy Sample
- VL-MPEe-E3E Gigabit Ethernet. One channel. -40° to +85°C Purchase at Digi-Key