Self-contained dual Gigabit Ethernet expansion module. Compact design eliminates off-board magnetics or special cabling. Operates over full -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
Dual Gigabit Ethernet
Two 10/100/1000 MbE ports
On-board magnetically coupled isolation
No need for off-board magnetics with custom cables
Network Boot Capability
Eliminates need for local data drives
See datasheet for more details
|Mechanical||Size: Mini PCIe module (full size): 30 x 50.17 x 10.48 mm (1.18 x 1.98 x 0.41”)|
|Mechanical||Weight: 11g (0.41 oz.)|
|Input Voltage||3.3V (from Mini PCIe slot)|
|Bus Interface||Mini PCIe|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +85°C|
|Shock and Vibration||MIL-STD-202G|
|Network||Two 1GbE ports (10/100/1000 autodetect)|
|Operating System Compatibility||Most x86 operating systems including Windows, Windows Embedded, Linux, VxWorks, and QNX.|
|Export Info||ECCN: 5A991.b|
|Export Info||Schedule B: 8517.70.0000|
See datasheet for full specifications
The 'E5' expansion module is extremely small and rugged. It provides an easy way to add Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports to most embedded computer systems.
The E5 module is completely self-contained with on-board magnetic isolation. There is no need for off-board magnetics or special cabling. The placement of the on-board magnetics isolators has been designed to be compliant with the Intel Ethernet Controller design guidelines to assure proper operation and full data throughput.
For environments with high temperature challenges, the E5 is designed and tested for full speed operation from -40° to +85°C. The miniature on-board heat sinks provide the needed thermal dissipation for uncompromised throughput even at the top of the operating range.
The E5 board uses a 16 pin Clik Mate™ latching connector to provide a mechanically secure connection. The module and cabling is tested for shock and vibration to MIL-STD-202G to ensure performance in demanding environments.
The E5 board is compatible with a variety of popular operating systems including Windows and Linux. Additionally it supports network boot capability.
Like other VersaLogic products, the VL-MPEe-E5E is validated for operation in unforgiving environments. Each component has been carefully sourced to ensure reliable operation in the field.
VersaLogic products are designed for use by OEMs working in a variety of market applications: Aerospace, Defense, Energy, Industrial, Security, Medical, Military, Robotics, and Transportation. VersaLogic delivers extremely reliable standard and customized embedded computers backed with unsurpassed service and the highest availability in the market.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet VL-MPEe-E5 Datasheet 7/8/2018 PDF 1.37 MB DOWNLOAD
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet VL-MPEe-E5 Hardware Reference Manual 2/4/2020 PDF 264 KB DOWNLOAD
Software Support Packages
- Windows 10 Enterprise DRV-WIN10-MPEe-E5e 1.0.0 7/11/2018 ZIP 113 MB DOWNLOAD
- Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise DRV-WIN7-MPEe-E5e 1.0.0 32- and 64-bit 7/11/2018 ZIP 70 MB DOWNLOAD
Additional Reference Materials
- Component Info: Intel I210-IT Gigabit Ethernet Controller Datasheet 2/10/2019 PDF 9.82 MB DOWNLOAD
- Component Info: Intel I210 Product Review Web Page VISIT SITE
- Part Number Description
- VL-CBR-1604 Dual Ethernet adapter cable, latching, 12"
- VL-HDW-108 Mini PCIe card / mSATA 10x hold-down screws for use with 2.5 mm standoffs, Metric thread, Nylon
- VL-HDW-110 Mini PCIe module 10x hold-down screws for use with 2.0 mm standoffs, Nylon
- Part Number Description Form Factor
- VL-EPM-P2E PC/104-Plus Mini PCIe socket x2 adapter, industrial temperature PC/104-Plus
- VL-EPMp-P2E PCI-104 Mini PCIe socket x2 Adapter, industrial temperature PCI-104