An extremely small and rugged dual channel CAN Bus add-on interface. It supports CAN-FD for high speed data transfer. CAN-FD is fully compatible with CAN 2.0 A and CAN 2.0 B. It supports numerous CAN functions including message acceptance filter, listen-only mode, and wake up over CAN.
CAN-FD and CAN 2.0 A/B
Supports current and legacy network speeds
CANopen® Protocol Support
Applicable across a wide range of industries
2.5 kV Galvanic Isolation
Protect host system
See datasheet for more details
|Mechanical||Size: Mini PCIe standard (full size): 30 x 52.55 x 10.18 mm (1.18 x 2.07 x 0.40”)|
|Input Voltage||3.3V (from Mini PCIe slot)|
|Bus Interface||Mini PCIe|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +85°C|
|Shock and Vibration||MIL-STD-202H|
|Other I/O||CAN Interface – two channels|
|Operating System Compatibility||Most x86 operating systems including Windows, Windows Embedded, Linux, VxWorks, and QNX.|
See datasheet for full specifications
The 'C1' module is an extremely small and rugged CAN Bus add-on interface. This standard sized Mini PCIe module provides a simple way to add dual isolated CAN Bus interfaces to most embedded computer systems.
The C1 features operation over the full industrial temperature range (-40° to +85°C) and is shock and vibe tested for worry-free use in industrial and military applications. It uses a latching connector to address cable detachment failures. It provides 2.5 kV of signal isolation to protect the host computer.
The C1 module supports the CAN-FD protocol and a wide range of signaling speeds. CAN-FD is fully compatible with CAN 2.0 A and CAN 2.0 B. It supports numerous CAN functions including message acceptance filter, listen-only mode, and wake up over CAN. All configuration parameters are retained after hardware reset or power cycling.
In addition, the module supports the high level CANopen protocol and is compatible with popular operating systems including Windows and Linux.
Like other VersaLogic products, the C1 is designed and validated for operation in unforgiving environments and features 10+ year availability.
VersaLogic products are designed for use by OEMs working in a variety of market applications: Aerospace, Defense, Energy, Industrial, Security, Medical, Military, Robotics, and Transportation. VersaLogic delivers extremely reliable standard and customized embedded computers backed with unsurpassed service and the highest availability in the market.
- VL-MPEu-C1 Datasheet 12/09/19 PDF 1.46 MB DOWNLOAD
- VL-MPEu-C1 Hardware Reference Manual 04/09/21 PDF 675 KB DOWNLOAD
Software Support Packages
- Firmware Release 1.1.0 03/26/21 TGZ 1,354 KB DOWNLOAD
- VersaAPI Release 1.1.0 Linux 64 bit (CAN) 03/18/22 ZIP 1,529 KB DOWNLOAD
- Part Number Description
- VL-CBR-0603 CAN bus cable, two channels, 2 mm 4-pin MicroClasp to 2x DB9 connector, 0.5 m
- VL-HDW-108 Mini PCIe card / mSATA 10x hold-down screws for use with 2.5 mm standoffs, Metric thread, Nylon
- VL-HDW-110 Mini PCIe module 10x hold-down screws for use with 2.0 mm standoffs, Nylon
ModelsModel: VL-MPEu-C1E Function: CAN bus. Dual channel. Operating Temperature: -40° to +85°C OEM Pricing: Request OEM Pricing Buy Sample: Purchase at Digi-Key
- Model Function Operating Temperature OEM Pricing Buy Sample
- VL-MPEu-C1E CAN bus. Dual channel. -40° to +85°C Request OEM Pricing Purchase at Digi-Key