An extremely small and rugged Ethernet module based on the industry-standard Mini PCIe module format. Supports IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol. Optional POE+ support.
Gigabit Ethernet with Power over Ethernet (optional)
Powers Type 1 (POE) and Type 2 (POE+) devices
On-board magnetically coupled isolation
No need for off-board magnetics or daughter cards
IEEE 1588/802.1AS Precision Time Synchronization
Synchronize time with other network nodes
See datasheet for more details
|Mechanical||Size: Mini PCIe module (full size): 30 x 50.95 x 14.4 mm (1.18 x 2 x 0.57”)|
|Input Voltage||3.3V (from Mini PCIe slot)|
|Power (typical)||0.59 W|
|Bus Interface||Mini PCIe|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +85°C|
|Shock and Vibration||MIL-STD-202H|
|Network||One 1GbE port (10/100/1000 autodetect)|
|Network||IEEE 802.3at-2009 Types 1 (POE) and 2 (POE+). Applies to VL-MPEe-E6E-P only.|
|Operating System Compatibility||Compatible with Windows, Linux, and Android|
|Export Info||ECCN: 5A991.b|
|Export Info||Schedule B: 8517.70.0000|
See datasheet for full specifications
The 'E6' module is an extremely small and rugged Gigabit Ethernet add-on interface that is available with or without support for Power-Over-Ethernet (POE+). Fully contained on a single Mini PCIe module, it does not require an additional daughter cards for magnetic isolation or POE injection circuitry. It provides a simple, clean, rugged way to add an Ethernet interface to most embedded computer systems.
The E6 optionally includes Power Over Ethernet Support (POE+). This ensures that a wide variety of devices, including cameras and wireless access points, can be powered over the Ethernet connection.
The E6 includes IEEE 1588/802.1AS Precision Time Protocol support. This enables precision time-synchronization between network nodes
The VL-MPEe-E6E and VL-MPEe-E6E-P are designed and tested for full industrial temperature (-40° to +85°C) operation and meets MIL-STD-202H specifications for shock and vibration. It uses a latching connector to address cable detachment issues in hostile environments.
VersaLogic’s 10+ year product life support programs ensure long-term availability. This avoids expensive upgrades and migrations that come from short, disposable lifecycle products.
- VL-MPEe-E6 Datasheet 07/28/21 PDF 1.46 MB DOWNLOAD
- VL-MPEe-E6 Hardware Reference Manual 01/30/20 PDF 274 KB DOWNLOAD
- Part Number Description
- VL-CBR-1605 Single Ethernet adapter cable, 12”
- VL-CBR-1606 Single Ethernet adapter cable w/ POE, 12”
- VL-HDW-108 Mini PCIe card / mSATA 10x hold-down screws for use with 2.5 mm standoffs, Metric thread, Nylon
- VL-HDW-110 Mini PCIe module 10x hold-down screws for use with 2.0 mm standoffs, Nylon
ModelsModel: VL-MPEe-E6E Function: 1 Gigabit Ethernet Mini PCIe Module Operating Temp.: -40° to +85°C OEM Pricing: Request OEM Pricing Buy Sample: Purchase at Digi-Key
Model: VL-MPEe-E6E-P Function: 1 Gigabit Ethernet Mini PCIe Module with POE+ Operating Temp.: -40° to +85°C OEM Pricing: Request OEM Pricing Buy Sample: Purchase at Digi-Key
- Model Function Operating Temp. OEM Pricing Buy Sample
- VL-MPEe-E6E 1 Gigabit Ethernet Mini PCIe Module -40° to +85°C Request OEM Pricing Purchase at Digi-Key
- VL-MPEe-E6E-P 1 Gigabit Ethernet Mini PCIe Module with POE+ -40° to +85°C Request OEM Pricing Purchase at Digi-Key